Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Journal

My kiddos and I  had been thinking about what to give grandma for Mother's Day. What do you give to a grandma who has pretty much everything?
Then I saw this idea on Instagram http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/05/make-your-own-instagram-journal.htm from A Beautiful Mess.

I knew she would love a prayer journal and candid pictures of the kiddos. I used pictures uploaded from my cell, not all Instagram photos. I don't have Photoshop, but my husband recently downloaded Picasa 3 from Google for free and it works great. Picasa 3 has a collage template that I used.

 I used a composition notebook for the journal base. (I buy tons of them for pennies right before school begins every Fall). I printed out the collage in color on regular printer paper and glued (I used Mod Podge Glosss)  it to the front cover of the notebook. I folded in the edges and glued them down as well. Once the picture was secured to the front cover, I used the craft sponge on a stick to "paint" the Mod Podge Gloss on the actual picture. This gave the front cover a nice glossy look, like it had been there all along,





I love the way it turned out! We each wrote a special Mother's Day note along with a favorite verse. It is being sent off in the mail today!
Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment