Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Easy Smore on a stick

 These were  yummy Fourth of July treats! Easy and scrumptious!
These super yummy treats are super easy to make! I came across GIANT marshmallows at Target and had to buy them! Our family loves smores, but the traditional smores are so messy. Especially for a 6 year old boy who does not always immediately wash his hands after he eats before you goes through the house touching just about everything!
I took the giant marshmallow and dipped them into melted chocolate. Then stuck a skewer through the chocolate and marshmallow and sprinkled crushed graham crackers all over the chocolate. Then I stood the treats (white side down) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After I finished all of them, I stuck the baking sheet (carefully to not tip over the treats) in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden.
When your ready to toast the smores, take out the treats at least 15-20 minutes before to allow the marshmallow to reach room temperature before toasting.  I used a butane lighter with a long nose to toast the marshmallow evenly all the way around.
After they were scarfed down, I thought about how I would present/serve them next time. I think that they would have looked cute skewer side down in a glass jar (or metal bucket) of sand.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment