Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Taking a stab at cake pops!

So, for Christmas my sweet daughter gave me the book Cake Pops from www.bakerella.com
What an awesome concept!  Cake on a stick!
 These green cake pops, I made for my husband's birthday. I don't think that I made the balls of cake big enough, because not all were big enough to be molded by my "star" cookie cutter.
 The rest I decided to make just round. Hey, they taste just as yummy no matter the shape.
 One thing that I wasn't too sure of was the right consistency of the cake inside the pop. It was a smidge gooey, not too crumbly like regular cake. Everyone enjoyed them.
 My second time making cake pops, Valentine's Day for my husband's employees and my daughter's club meeting.
They were a big hit!
A few weeks later, I notice Starbucks started selling them. Just tried their Rocky Road Pop, yummy! I am on the search for the tiny marshmallows and then I am all over it! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment